A small team with a big passion
We are a small team with a big passion for manufacturing products made from plastic. Simply put, plastics processing is in our DNA and our focus is to breathe new life into machinery by upgrading the technology that controls all functions of a machine. We rejuvenate plastics equipment by evaluating the electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems on the machine and replacing those systems that are underperforming or obsolete.
Our company was formed in 2005, but our team has over 80 combined years of experience. What’s gotten us to where we are today? Our value is in our team. Our product is our team’s ability to create the solutions we implement. Our foundation is our team’s positive attitude, experience, and customer focus.
Machine transformation is not a simple task and it requires people with unique skills. Our team consists of hands-on electrical engineers who:
- Like to get their hands dirty – literally
- Are experts in controls system integration
- Know a little too much about plastics processing theory
- Are data driven problem solvers
- Understand the cost of machine downtime
- Respect our customers and build strong relationships
We have many examples on our website that describe our technical solutions but if you really want to understand what we’re all about, get in touch and interact with the 2R team.
The 2R Values Statement
Our drive to succeed is not defined by just one asset or motive, the puzzle is completed by combining a variety of pieces. As a whole, we value our team and the knowledge they bring to the table, our customers who trust us with their most valued assets, our work ethic, and our commitment to the environment and communities around us.
- We holistically use our knowledge of electronics, hydraulics, and the machine’s process in a way that provides both financial benefits and job satisfaction – both for our team and for our customers.
- By repurposing used equipment, we help save our customers money and minimize the impact we have on the environment by reducing the amount of equipment that heads to the landfill.
- We believe in supporting our U.S. based customers because it benefits our economy and allows our families, friends, and communities to prosper.
Our Customers and Vendors
When we meet a new customer, our first goal is to always assess their situation like we would if we were analyzing our own equipment – and sometimes that means leading them down a different path that may not involve our services at all. At the end of the day, we’re looking to build long-term relationships. We want customers to know that when we give them advice, it’s coming from an honest and genuine place.
- We work alongside our customers to provide unique solutions that build long-term relationships. Along the way, many of our customers have become personal friends who’ve shared our business and quality of support with others.
- By partnering with vendors that provide additional services to support our customers, we can add value, continue to build strong relationships, and increase our customer base.
- Our knowledge base is constantly evolving so we welcome the opportunity, from our customers and vendors, to learn alternative ways to enhance our solutions for machine controls.
Our Work Environment
We spend a good portion of our life at work. For that reason alone, it’s crucial that we foster a culture that promotes growth, engages learning, and supports each and every team member. When employees feel like their voice matters, our team will only grow stronger.
- Although 2R Automation will continue to grow in terms of the numbers of team members, we will always strive to maintain the “small company” feeling, where we have face-to-face interactions and the opinions of individual employees’ matter.
- Our team members are empowered and encouraged to engage in individual tasks and creative problem solving without being micromanaged. We trust their expertise and they know that support is available anytime, simply by asking.
- Diversity among tasks keeps our team energized, encourages consistent learning, and gives them the opportunity to understand the big picture in regards to how 2R Automation makes a difference.
- We want to be able to say with confidence that “we do it better.” That’s why we constantly strive to surpass our competitors in both the quality of our work and customer service.
Because we’re a small team, it’s vital that we all work together, support one another, and celebrate each other’s wins. After all, a team is only as strong as its weakest link.
- Our team is built of individuals that are both talented and enhance our culture.
- Oftentimes our team members work closely with one another by spending extended periods of time traveling, dining, and working together at customer sites. These are excellent opportunities to build relationships, develop trust, and bounce ideas off one another.
- While still acknowledging individual achievements, our team approach is to grow together as a whole. After all, we will succeed or fail as a team.
- We always give positive feedback for accomplishments and use redirected missteps as teaching moments.
- Our team, customers, and vendors have openly recognized and appreciated us for our hard work and accomplishments.